Tuesday 17 August 2010

Cubana cafe


My friend Valerio recently got married near Paris (Congrats! if you want to check-out my gf and I's wedding outfits you can do so here) and we used the opportunity to spend a couple of days in "La Ville-Lumière". 


If you are in Paris and have a craving for a Cuban flavor, you cannot miss Cubana Cafe, in Rue Vavin.


The set up is pretty simple - a bar with a separate room where nobody is allowed to be served, so you have to order your own drinks (and cigars if you want), carry them with you, find a seat and enjoy... There is a small extra charge for staying in the cigar room (or "smokehouse" as they call it) but given the trouble in finding cigars friendly places this day, it is certainly worth it, particularly in the colder months.


dsc_0016


This is the humidour of Cubana Cafe - it has an average selection of Cubans but at bar prices (relative to Paris... still cheaper than in London!). 


I didn't carry my cigars with me that evening so I picked a Ramon Allones Especially Selected which I'm smoking in the two pictures below. As you can see, the separate smokehouse has got some paintings which blend well with a cigar smoking environment.


DSC_0028


DSC_0035


Cubana Cafe also serves food but if you fancy something really good you can try nearby La Coupole (in Rue due Montparnasse) - close to La Coupole there is also a good cigar shop with a good selection of Cubans as well as non Cubans cigars.




1 comment: