Monday 13 September 2010

Travel humidour!

Apologies for the lack of updates over the last couple of weeks... Coming back to daily life from holidays always take a bit longer than you would like to :)

While I do have a few sampling notes on cigars to talk about (including nice Canadian editions as well as a tasting of Davidoff Puro Doro at an event in Taormina), I would like to talk about my travel humidour in this post - and if any of you has got some good tip on how to carry around their cigars when travelling, I'm clearly all open to new suggestions. It can in fact be problematic to carry around good cigars with you. Leather case or other tubes may not be enough if you are out for a little while. It is for this reason that I decided not long ago to invest in a very useful travel humidour, shown in the pictures below.

DSC_0649

DSC_0648

I bought my cigar caddy at the Publicis Drugstore in Paris (by the way, a very good cigar shop if you are on the look in the Ville Lumiere), but they are relatively easy to find and in my view an excellent tool for any cigar smoker that wants to have cigars in perfect conditions when on the go... My caddy carries about 10 but you can find similar boxes for 5, 15 or even more... It keeps the humidity very well and I actually don't even need to refill the water that often. The only negative I have found is that sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to open if travelling by plane, I think because the plane creates some sort of vacuum sealing effect on it... Other than that, it did keep my cigars in perfect conditions as you can see in this picture. 

DSC_0656

No comments:

Post a Comment