Tuesday 22 November 2011

Vertical tasting

As I had mentioned here, during the V AMICIgar Day, I had a chance to do a vertical tasting of Ramon Allones Especially Selected. I was just going through my pictures and saw this unpublished photo below and felt the flavour of the cigar again in my mouth

DSC_0843

What we had that night with Ajay, was a recent Especially Selected and one from ten years ago. You can notice the difference in the band between the old one on the left and the new cigar on the right hand side of the picture

A great robusto with a fuller flavour, a hint of chocolate and lots of spice and a sweet after taste. I very much enjoyed smoking the vintage one and understanding the development of the cigar. Really a worthwhile experience! Only problem is that one needs to save up for ten years (or more) a cigar already great on day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment