Thursday 26 January 2012

Canadian Regional Editions

I spent sometime in Canada during the Christmas break with my fiancee and her family. Canada - not being limited by the US embargo - gets every year its fair share of regional edition. I had the chance to try a few in the past like the Bolivar B-2. This year, besides the already reviewed Bolivar B-2, I also got hold of two cigars released in 2011, the Ramon Allones Super Allones and the Juan Lopez Supreme.


DSC_1466

Here they are in my humidour! The Super Allones is a Rodolfo size (54 ring gage x 180mm or 7.1"), the Supreme is an Edmundo size  (52 ring gage x 135mm or 5.3"), and the B-2 is a Piramides size (52 ring gage x 156mm or 6.1")

DSC_1467

And now with a closer look at the bands.

In reality, I haven't yet had a chance to properly sample the two new Canadian regional editions cigars. Truthfully, I did smoke a Ramon Allones Super Allones for a special occasion already this year, as you can see in the picture below taken at the Montague on the Gardens Hotel, one of my favourite places to smoke which blends particularly well with the Christmas atmosphere given its overall look.

photo

For what I can recall from that special night, spent together with my fiancee and a few close friends after a few glasses of champagne/wine, it was definitely a lovely smoke. I really like the power of Ramon Allones, not totally apparent in this cigar at first which however offered sweetness and spiceness.

(Belated) Happy New Year to everybody!




1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I was at the Toronto LCDH in January, and picked up one of those Super Allones RE, as well as a Petit Robaina RE, and a Bolivar Simones RE 2008, plus quite a few others. I already had a B2. Haven't smoked any of them yet, but looking forward to it.

    How often do you get to Toronto?

    ReplyDelete