Monday 5 July 2010

Cigars BBQ

Everyone who smokes cigars in London knows Ajay. Ajay owns the only La Casa Del Habano in England. He is a true cigar lover and I had the luck of attending his latest event on June 20th, the Summer Cigar BBQ.

DSC_0126
Here I'm looking at his store front.

DSC_0200

Before the food started (and we had some great suckling pig amongst other delicacies like king prawns and squids) I did sample for the first time the Short Robusto T, the new 2010 Limited Edition of Trinidad, a short punchy smoke - quite earthy on my palate. This cigar represents a good example of the new trend in cigars smoking - or more likely a new need thanks to the smoking bans everywhere... - shorter smokes which immediately can give you a good kick.


DSC_0196
I attended the event with my girlfriend Lisa; in the above picture you can see the two of us together with Ajay and his wife, Bhavna; I'm enjoying the short Robusto T; Ajay is having a Double Corona Hoyo de Monterrey 2001. This is the only cigar I smoked then... while it was a cigar event, I also wanted to follow a rather less important football match on the same day... which meant that I couldn't really make the most of the great outdoor space Ajay organised at Shambles, the restaurant in Teddington opposite his shop where the BBQ was being held.

Together with the great food we enjoyed, Ajay's goodie bag for the day included - in the pictures below - the other new Limited Editions of 2010, the Partagas Serie D Especial and the Montecristo Gran Edmundo. Ajay also put - as a surprise - a Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona 2001 (from a cabinet of 50). More to come on these...

DSC_0223

DSC_0169

7 comments:

  1. Bravo! Wish I could have been there Massimo,

    Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Massimo! I wish I could've been there. Wilkes

    ReplyDelete
  3. oi oi massimoooooooooooooooooo, where was my invite? Patrick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Entropic!

    cafe1984 - invite for the bbq? didn't organise that... but will try to talk about events before not just after :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh that looks yummy. I'll follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MM I LOVE SEAFOOD. :~)
    looks like a lovely day here.




    Chanel give away at loadingdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete